Currently in search of a quick-witted temporary payroll specialist for a large government contractor located in Washington DC. For the 3-4 month duration of this contract position, they will be processing payroll for over 2,000 employees, so an ideal candidate will be thoroughly organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Receives, processes and tracks payroll and discrepancies, documents or upload files
- Review & verification of available Vacation, Sick, Floating Holiday, and Holiday Hour balances, and verifying that all such benefits are accruing and updated accurately
- Have knowledge of reconciliations of selected payroll payment activity, e.g., Reversals, Voids, Stale Dated Check and Replacement Checks
- Act as a back-up for scheduled or unscheduled absences as business needs deem necessary
- Advise management of suggested procedural updates, identify opportunities to improve current processes
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), and advanced knowledge in Excel;
- Collaborate with HR, Accounting, and Contracts to resolve errors and disputes (pay rate discrepancies, ACH returns, recalls and stop payments)
- Knowledge of Garnishment processing
- Assist with the validation of W4, State, and Local Agency Tax forms for accuracy as processed by HR, Payroll or interfaced from an Applicant Tracking System.
- Performs an assortment of job related assignments as directed
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in payroll; payroll tax knowledge and experience is required
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Costpoint
- Excellent writing, comprehension and proofreading skills
- Ability to interpret legal court order documents for wage garnishment process
- Ability to research federal, state and local laws to support changing legislation regarding wage garnishments, earnings & tax compliance
- Experience with employee Pay Cards a plus
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and ability to multi-task on a daily basis
- Strong attention to detail with a high accuracy rate
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must present self in a professional manner and be comfortable interacting with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while preserving strict confidentiality of all information.
Back to top