Our client, a growing technology company in the DC Metro area, is looking for a Payroll Administrator to help handle both domestic and international Payroll processing and accounting.
- The Payroll Administrator will oversee the 'on time' and accurate disbursement of all payroll transactions for employees on an international scale.
- Work closely with HR to facilitate and ensure accurate data entry of benefit, address, pay and other payroll changes into the ADP system.
- The Payroll Administrator will review and audit timesheets, manage payroll cutoffs, and ensure that payrolls are processed timely and accurately.
- Ensure that HR and Payroll records remain in synch.
- Register as needed for new withholding states.
- The Payroll Administrator will interface with auditors on worker's compensation and unemployment audits and other internal and external audits.
- The Payroll Administrator will assist in the timely delivery of annual W-2 filings and international equivalents.
- Research and work with accounting to resolve payroll GL reconciliation exceptions to ensure proper recording of payroll transactions in the Company's ERP system.
- Actively participate in payroll system projects and upgrades.
- Assist in the maintenance of country specific payroll guidelines and applicable policies and procedures.
- The Payroll Administrator will ensure that established performance metric goals are in met.
- Actively pursue professional development to stay current on payroll impacting rules and regulations.
- Ensure all requests sent to the payroll department are tracked and resolved timely.
- Assist the Manager of Payroll and finance leadership with multiple other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field, CPP designation is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience at a global company.
- Experienced in managing third party international payroll providers.
- General Ledger experience and a solid understanding of accounting concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to understand internal controls with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience processing payroll, analytical thinking skills and issue resolution skills. Have sound judgment.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement.
- Strong payroll system skills.
- Familiarity with other payroll and related solutions (ADP a plus), General Ledger, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in HRIS systems.
- Experienced with maintaining compliance with payroll laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and a sense of strong business ethics.
Back to top