Want to work in an excellent cloud services company with a wonderful atmosphere, benefits, and unlimited PTO?
Our client is looking for a security-focused DevOps engineer to help them push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both the current and the next generation of secure cloud services.
Successful applicants will possess the knowledge necessary to understand solutions using off-the-shelf, open source, and programmatic integrations between components.
Our team designs, engineers, and operates the security for our premier cloud SaaS and PaaS services. We are reimagining the traditional enterprise approach to security and creating an environment suitable for the most security conscious customers.
If this excites you, come help us deliver the next level of secure cloud computing. These are exciting times in our space - we are at an early stage and growing fast, working on ambitious new initiatives. A team member at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
- Research and architect solutions to solve security and compliance requirements.
- Design computing systems that are high performance, scalable, and fault tolerant.
- Demonstrate your working knowledge of security core concepts by quickly understanding the context of security-centric tasks, and challenges.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of operating systems, networking, web and API deployments.
- Design and deploy self-service security solutions
- Be self-directed in day to day activities and able to flex between various skill sets.
- 6+ years of experience in DevOps and software engineering.
- Experience in automation tooling for active and automated testing.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of system administration and Linux/UNIX operating systems core concepts.
- Knowledge of automation trends for operational security processes (e.g. Vulnerability Management, Change Management, etc.)
- Ability to both work independently with minimal direction and to collaborate effectively with local or remote teams with a strong customer focus.
- Experience working in a large cloud, internet software company, or consulting preferred.
- Comfortable developing software in some of the following programming languages and toolchains:
- Bash shell
- Comfortable developing configuration-as-code and deployment of the following technologies:
- Linux: RedHat, CentOS
- iptables and firewalls
- TCP/IP, subnet design, network troubleshooting
- Log analysis
- Packet capture & analysis
- Version control and continuous integration
- Vulnerability assessment
- Basic IP services (DNS, DHCP, TFTP, SNMP, LDAP, SSL)
- Ability to convey architecture concepts through block models
- Extensive experience with version control tools (git, bitbucket)
- Experience developing end-to-end CI / CD solutions
- Experience designing and delivering security-driven testing:
- Static and dynamic software analysis
- Developing functional and integration tests across codebases
- Comfortable learning new web frameworks
- Interfacing with multiple database platforms including:
- MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or Postgres
- Diligent attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with the following subject matter:
- Common SaaS / PaaS solutions for enterprise
- Linux Virtualization
- Linux containers
- Apache/Tomcat web servers
- Chef automation
- Database Administration:
- Switch port provisioning
- Routing tables
- VLAN configurations
- Standard IP services
- Physical and virtual provisioning
- Virtual networking and storage management
- API integrations with orchestration and provisioning systems
- Configuration management
- User account security
- System posture assessment and hardening
- Application security analysis