Title: Director of Data Sciences
Location: Covid - Remote / Life after - 1-2 days/week Reston, VA.
Salary: $175K base + Bonus
Benefits: Strict 40 hours a week + Excellent retirement + Health + vaca
- Lead and develop the Research and Data Science department's strategic direction, inclusive of THE COMPANY's survey program, testing analysis/reporting program, and data science function. This is a critical component to:
- Delivering value to THE COMPANY's membership, who depend on the analysis and benchmarking services the Research team provides to build their recruitment and portfolio/program strategies;
- Driving organizational direction by identifying and monitoring trends and industry insights and heavily influencing the strategic direction of other functional departments within the organization.
- Support thought leadership content that will position THE COMPANY as a partner for Business Schools and will enable pipeline creation for candidates
- Build creative approaches to maximize yield of our data assets and data science capabilities.
- Active partner to building an integrated communications strategy that promotes THE COMPANY's brand as a thought leader in the industry. Proactively identify need and implement new research to react to on-going trends in the marketplace and provide the foundation information and analysis upon which the client's research white papers are based that are published and presented at industry conferences around the world.
- Provide expertise representing THE COMPANY on data and research activities, a key driver of the organization's strong reputation within the industry.
- Collaborate with other departments to lead and effectively meet their research and data needs.
- Oversee the organization's data science efforts, including conceptualize complex data solutions for THE COMPANY initiatives (e.g., matching, lead scoring, and optimization algorithms [i.e. Website Content Flow]). These efforts are critical to supporting the broader organization's ambitions to deliver against the longer term strategic roadmap and significantly impact THE COMPANY's ability to deliver on mission.
- Implement innovative approaches to design and implement primary data collection efforts to anticipate and meet the needs of key stakeholders, including THE COMPANY, schools, and media.
- Provide data and statistical support for strategic and tactical decision making, including activities to assist in school engagement, candidate marketing, and industry education, responsibilities include survey reports, external reporting of GMAT testing data, ad hoc-request services, and surveys.
- Establish and oversee quality control of all aspects of the survey research and data science programs, including research methodology, questionnaire design, and data analysis procedures and ensure legal and ethical compliance regarding research data.
- Develop, justify, and manage the budgets for the entire department.
- Develop and evolve a high-performance team, inclusive of the Research Survey team and Data Science and Analysis.
- Master's degree in Statistics, survey methodology, anthropology, sociology, psychology, market research, etc.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the field of large-scale research and higher education or management education or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive managerial experience.
- Oversee, manage, and perform all aspects of survey research function, including research design, sampling methodology, questionnaire development, data collection, data analysis, data interpretation, report writing, and dissemination.
- Deep knowledge using Qualtrics- including API and Power BI, R and Python. Data engineering capabilities would be ideal.
- Ability to turn statistical and computational analysis into reports, graphs, charts and interactive visualizations.
- Keen understanding of external and internal data sources, how they are gathered, stored and retrieved.
- Advanced expertise in SPSS statistical and survey implementation software (application interface and syntaxis)
- Strong 'story telling' capabilities to build a narrative from multiple data sources and analysis.
- Inquisitive mind to continue innovating and finding new angles to add value to the industry, using creativity to capture or analyze data
- Ability to propose and implement strategy to influence and support the Senior Leadership team.
- Superior analytical skills and ability to prioritize objectives.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to interact directly with non-technical stakeholders and act in a business-to-technical translation role.
- Manage research external vendor relationships.
- Ability to successfully lead a team.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).