- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing, finalizing and filing documents, (i.e., declarations, power of attorneys, assignments, transmittals, extension of time, information disclosure statements, etc).
- Preparing and finalizing client correspondence; maintaining attorney docket
- Proficient in styles and brief formatting, with exceptional word processing skills.
- Handle administrative confidential/sensitive Firm and/or client information.
Experience & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 7 years legal assistant experience with commercial and patent litigation in a mid-large sized firm; and be proficient in legal assistant and administrative tasks including, but not limited to: document preparation, time entry, expense reimbursement, telephone contact, travel arrangements and calendar maintenance.
- The candidate will have the ability to work in a high volume, high energy environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to provide excellent client/customer service.
- Qualified candidates must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and E-Filing. Must exhibit strong typing skills and have the ability to learn and quickly become proficient in new computer software programs.
- Candidate should have experience with e-filing, Trial Preparation, Table of Contents, Table of Authorities and Legal Research.
- Available for some overtime is required.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and oral communication, strong proofreading and organizational skills. Candidates should also be detail oriented, be able to multi-task and have the knowledge and skills necessary to prioritize the workload independently.
- Must possess a team oriented mindset.