Leasing & Compliance Specialist
$40,000 - $60,000 Depending on Experience
- Two biggest areas of focus: leases and supporting the compliance. Working with inhouse lawyer and director of asset management
- Maintain familiarity with general landlord-tenant law and stay abreast of changes to state and local law and regulation governing residential leasing, rent collection and security deposits.
- Manage reporting activities related to resident accounts, rent increases, incentives, and contracts, and research and draft communications as needed.
- Review and ensure proper administration and reporting of revenue; to include Site types, SOS codes, Market rates, Late Fee and Reservation account audits.
- Monthly reconciliation of move ins to ensure accurate set up in system.
- Review budgets, business plans and other documentation to ensure that lease terms and rent increase dollar amounts are correctly translated into notice and/or lease documents.
- Act as document library administrator/librarian for all original lease documentation, master lease templates, property specific prospectuses and covenants.
- Review and revise, with Leadership and legal counsel, all prospectus and lease documents, including during the acquisition process, and maintain tracking of changes.
- Administers tracking systems for lease expiration, rent increase dates, fees and HOAs.
- Prepare, present, and confirm Senior Leadership approval to finalize rent increase and fee change notices- and ensure annual increases in RV rates and fees are promoted to guests via increase letter and rate sheets.
- Support the rent level review process by gathering/reviewing market studies of rent levels and demographics; prepare proposal for base rent increase amounts and rental increase spreadsheet based on lease expiration dates.
- Track and ensure all rental leases are signed and renewed accurately and updated in the system.
- Provide guidance and training to Operations team on lease execution and rent increase communication.
- Extract and manipulate data from various sources; synthesize into recurring and ad hoc reports and prepare documentation for statutory meetings.
- Participate in improving and redesigning processes for efficiency; work closely with Home Office team to improve use of technology in processes.
- Obtains operating permits and licenses for facilities and amenities from the state and local governmental authorities.
- Tracks code or permit violations, communicates violations to key company employees and track violation remediation.
- Works with lenders to obtain property specific required remediation, tracks compliance with remediation and provides quarterly reports for submission to lenders.
- Facilitates property inspections and repairs with community and regional managers to ensure properties compliant with permit/license requirements.
- Develop and maintains tracking systems for violations, corrective actions, license/permit expiration dates and application requirements.
- Conducts legal research on properties prior to closing and creates entity filings for newly acquired properties.
- 2+ years working in the real estate industry (commercial or residential)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent typing and computer skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter, quick learner, and willing to take initiative to resolve problems;
- Ability to work independently and with a team; lawyers, advisors, lenders, etc.
- Professional demeanor and appearance;
- Extreme organization and attention to detail;
- Associates Degree required, bachelor's degree preferred; Paralegal certification is highly preferred; or relevant work experience. Degree not needed in lieu of experience
- High level of skill with Microsoft Office productivity software- including SharePoint, Excel and Word; mail merge experience preferred.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, including failures to adhere to deadlines and processes
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to thoroughly read and comprehend policies, regulations and litigation related documents
- Exceptional skill in gathering accurately gathering and synthesizing facts and specific details