Our client, one of the top think tanks in the D.C. area is seeking a Junior Staff Accountant with 1-3 years of experience. Great culture and room for growth within the organization!
- Duties include Bank and Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Assisting with Month-End Close, Taxes, Financial Statement Audits and Preparation of Financial Statements.
- Maintain monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting and reporting for our clients including QuickBooks ( or other ERP systems) entries, A/P, A/R, payroll journal entries * Process payroll for multiple clients using ADP and Gusto
- Process multi-state sales tax, business tax, seller permits, etc
- End of fiscal year Tax prep such as Form 1099/1096, etc
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents and keeping meticulous notes
- Some administrative tasks such as Client billing and collections for the firm, post office runs, answering calls, archiving, ordering office supplies etc.
- B.S. In Accounting or Finance
- 1 to 3 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Customer service focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel
Back to top