The Junior Accountant will help to shape and maintain processes that enable better decisions through excellent insights, smooth business processes, and compliance. The candidate needs to be a strong team player and an excellent communicator who knows how to get things done. You conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity. We are a Washington DC based organization looking to add sharp entry level talent to hone and grow internally. We are a private company that operates like a public company building a solid foundation. We have big growth plans, and as the Junior Staff Accountant, you need to have the energy and drive to help us build the foundation.
The Role Will
- Reconcile subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Assist with the monthly close process, working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation of month end journal entries and their respective working papers.
- Assist with the preparation of a monthly reporting package that includes actual vs budget income statement, balance sheet, operational reports, and commentary on business results.
- Assist in developing and completing cost accounting analysis and inventory management processes.
- Assist with the creation of formal accounting policies, processes and controls.
- Assist with invoice creation and accounts receivable collections.
- Assist with the preparation of corporate income tax and sale tax compliance to ensure accurate and timely reporting of all returns.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system.
- Assist with administration duties on occasion.
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned, including special projects as they arise.
And qualified candidates...
- Have a degree in Accounting or Finance or experience in a similar role
- Are looking for growth and are interested in learning multiple functions within finance.
- Are adaptable and thrive under a constantly changing environment.
- Are self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Share our passion for transforming our world through food with your everything is possible attitude.
- Have a strong attention to detail and operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Have strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Having experience with NetSuite would be considered an asset.
- Are able to handle confidential information professionally and in an ethical manner.
- Any accounting related experience would be beneficial