Open IT Support Specialist (Contract-to-hire)
Pay: Up to $25/hr.
Location: St Charles, MO
Primarily responsible for performing technical support and managing the day to operation of the helpdesk-desktop team. This role will also serve as the primary support for the desktop environment to ensure that our environment is maintained to departmental standards. Frequent interaction with employee customers to assist in establishing and maintaining personal computer operations by determining the needs and resolving hardware and software operational problems. Consult with vendors, technical support representatives, management, and Information Services personnel involved in the research and configuration of personal computer and server solutions.
- Assist with developing a world class helpdesk operation center.
- Respond to end-user calls to clarify and assist the client with problem solutions and hardware/software needs.
- Identify and correct server-related problems caused by hardware/software failures
- Develop departmental standards, guidelines and maintain documentation for helpdesk operations.
- Purchase and assist with acquiring approval for hardware and software requests.
- Support special project as needed.
- Become departmental subject matter expert (SME) on critical business systems. i.e. MS Office 365 Administration and other critical application-solutions
- Evaluate, research, test and make recommendations on office solution to improve user's productivity.
- Ensure that all corporate backups are performed according to the defined schedule.
- Work with IT management to assist with the technology budget for desktops, laptop and new technology trends.
- Develop and maintain end user training initiative.
- Work closely with infrastructure, security and application teams on project and cybersecurity initiatives.
- Provide support to fellow team members including creating and maintaining playbook documentation.
- Ability to interact effectively with end users and/or external technical support representatives
- Superior customer service with a positive attitude toward solving problems
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and issue resolution skills with attention to detail
- Ability to identify, prioritize and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines
- Proven interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; experience interacting with clients, project stakeholders, and/or customer support representatives
- Must be proficient in the following technologies:
o Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
o Microsoft Windows (both Server and Desktop OS)
o MS Active Directory in Group Policy Objects
o MS Office 365 and other cloud technologies
o Networking, server and virtualized technology
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Director
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field (equivalent certifications / relevant work experience will also be considered)
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in user support
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in a Microsoft Software environment
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Comptia A+, Network+