Title: VOIP Operations Manager
Salary: $110-135K + Bonus
No sponsorship available / Must live in the Midwest USA
Our client is looking for a leader that has problem-solving or strategy experience and can guide a team to success now and into our future. This person will be responsible for leading the operations team in not only installation and repair of services but will also lead the development of the platform's future. Our client is a nationwide provider looking to grow and scale quickly. So, if you are a vibrant hard-working, actively engaged individual looking to lead a growing team then send us your resume and let's get to work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure the Voice Services Network platforms provide industry leading stability, reliability, high performance, and security for our Voice environments.
- Provides management oversight of the day to day engineering and operational activities of the Operations department.
- Oversees the activities related to design, installation, provisioning, and maintenances of all platforms associated with services to include: Feature Servers, Session Boarder Controllers, Media Gateways, LCR, Fraud Detection, Voice Mails and Unified communications.
- Leads researching and testing of present and future IP telephony services required to keep the company at the forefront of commercial and residential voice offering.
- Develops Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure network performance and reliability of Voice Services
- Plans and manages the department's strategic activities and timelines, coordinating with other department leaders as required.
- Maintain activities directly related to monitoring of our client's availability and reliability such as System software, Certificates, Licenses, Hardware, Capacity, and augmentation
- Manage the staff of the Operations team, including employee motivation, hiring and terminating, monthly 1-2-1's, and individual development plans.
- Coordinate across other operations, sales, and engineering teams, manage relationships with key stakeholders and initiate change initiatives that drive the teams and business forward.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong debug and decipher knowledge of IP Telephony protocol (SIP/RTP/RTCP, MGCP/H.248, IP Routing, Security and QoS) to troubleshoot voice services delivered on all mediums are required.
- Understanding of how Enhanced 911 services are provided from the local exchange to PSAP is required.
- Knowledge of industry standards and the regulatory environment is required.
- Experience with Trunk Analytics, Fraud detection and LCR services is required.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and follow through excellent teamwork and interpersonal skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Preferred minimum of six (6) years of PSTN, IMS or Voice Over IP practical experience preferred.
- Preferred minimum of three (3) years of strong management experience preferred.