The position is responsible for installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, and support of remotely distributed Linux systems. Additional responsibilities include assisting the store support helpdesk personnel in troubleshooting issues with the Linux store systems and providing quality assurance testing on software patches and upgrades.
- Setup and maintain store systems (Oracle Linux OS).
- Provide computer/network support relating to software and hardware failure on Linux systems.
- Write, test, and implement shell scripts to automate and simplify the support of the 100+ lab systems.
- Assist in the quality assurance testing of applications that run on the Linux systems.
- 1+ years working experience with Linux (Oracle Preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests.
- Experience with installing and modifying Linux Kernels and the associated O/S
- Bash shell scripting
- Must be well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be a quick study with strong comprehension skills for unique applications and environments.
- Ability to work unsupervised