- Charlotte, NC
Job Title: HR Generalist
- HR Execution: Provide detailed execution of the People strategy processes that attract, train, and retain employees to support the organization's short and long term business needs. Execute workforce planning processes for the organization such as recruitment, talent development, succession planning, and realignments/restructures. Ensure the culture & working environment is open, empowering, fair and equitable.
- Delivery of HR Services: Execute HR Service delivery through HR Specialty areas and HR Service delivery streams. Ensure all service levels are met/exceeded. Examples: Training: Coordinate and implement training/development programs that meet the goals and objectives of the team/individual. Recruiting: Define candidate profiles to ensure the right talent is selected to align with business requirements. Compensation: Ensure pay for performance philosophy and maintenance of equitable compensation of employees' based on incumbent and market data.
- Performance & Talent Management: Utilize the performance, talent and succession planning management systems to help drive the achievement of company goals through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration, and talent development. Communicate to People Managers (and drives usage of) all tools available that will assist individual and team performance improvement at all levels. Provide counsel and guidance to Leadership on all people management and development issues.
- Employee / Labor Relations: Establish and Maintain effective win - win working relationships with (and between) managers, employees and the union (where applicable). Maintain relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Promote and foster an environment of open communication and honest, candid feedback. Handle investigations when required
- Financial knowledge for analysis of compensation/salary/incentive issues.
- A Bachelor's (BA or BS) in Human Resource Management or related field (e.g. Business, Organizational Communication, Industrial Psychology) required.
- 3 years (or more) experience as an HR Generalist or Representative role
- Change management experience - implementation of a change project within a non-corporate setting (i.e.such as implementing the new service or benefit concept to employees)
- Human Resource experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, employee relations and employee communications. Must have knowledge of basic HR laws and applications. Employee relations/coaching and performance management experience.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) and an HRIS system (such as PeopleSoft or SAP)
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, balance multiple tasks and meet timelines
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Mediation/arbitration/grievance processes support preferred
- Able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization, offer off shift coverage and work extended hours
- Must possess good presentation and training skills
Back to top