Our client has an immediate, temporary need for a Grant Accountant. Ideal candidate possesses federal experience, 5 years of grant accounting with a go-getter attitude.
- Performs grant-related accounts receivable reconciliation,
- Tracking, payment processing and information distribution
- Maintains invoices and monitors federal, state and local billings.
- Tracks the receipt of funds and reconciles to the general ledger
- Reconciles daily and monthly grant-related financial activity. Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Prepares, records, and posts required monthly and year-end journal entries and maintains accounting records for the general ledger account system
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting
- Must have 5 years' grant accounting experience
- Grant Accountant must possess strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working on the Federal side
- Knowledge of generally accepted principles and practices of accounting, including FASB, GASB, and GAAP
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
Back to top