Financial Controller Consultant
West Chester, PA
6+ Month Contract
Addison Group, in conjunction with our client, that is a leader in its industry sector, seeks a Controller Consultant in the Greater Philadelphia area for a duration of at least (6) months.
Job - The Consultant will be reviewing intercompany consolidations/eliminations. monthly financial statements, journal entries and account reconciliations. The hired Controller will also assist with preparing financial schedules for the Financial Reporting and Audit and recommend accounting process improvements (which will include an ERP upgrade).
Culture/Environment - You will join a collaborative, communicative, and professional atmosphere where you can have the opportunity to make a positive impression during your stint at this company.
Compensation/Benefits - Projected pay rate for this superb opportunity starts at $65/hour and increases depending on qualifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER CONSULTANT
General Ledger (G/L) Accounting
- Perform Month-End, Quarter-End, and Year-End Accounting Closes
- Review Journal Entries
- Review Account Reconciliations, with particular emphasis on intercompany transactions/eliminations
- Prepare consolidated financial statements (Profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheet)
- Audit expense reports
- Assist on audit/SOX requests from the Accounting team
- Recommend improvements to the accounting process
- Assist during the company's ERP system implementation
- Accept other ad hoc duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONTROLLER CONSULTANT
- BA in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration (or in lieu, equivalent work experience),
- At least ten (10) years of progressive General Ledger (G/L) accounting experience
- Background in public accounting
- International public company experience
- Comprehensive understanding of GAAP
- Tech, manufacturing, healthcare background
- CPA or MBA
SKILLS OF THE CONTROLLER CONSULTANT
- Proficiency in MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, and IF formulas)
- ERP experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Executive-level communications.
- Strong leadership skills
- Can-do attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction
All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.