Our client, located in right in the heart of the loop, is seeking a contract Employee Relations Specialist. Pay will be based on experience.
- Stays current with all applicable legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR activities to ensure the company's policies, procedures, and reporting activities are in compliance with federal, state and local laws related to employment
- Plays a lead role in the development of the company's HR policies and procedures and ensures the company's HR policies & procedures manual and employee handbook are compliant and remain current
- Works with management, supervisors, and employees to resolve problems that arise due to policy interpretations, procedural issues, job performance concerns, time off matters, harassment concerns, equal employment issues, etc.
- Conducts fact finding interviews, makes recommendations regarding appropriate corrective actions for a wide range of conduct and performance issues and recommends appropriate disciplinary action where appropriate
- Represent management in investigating, responding to and settling grievances and employee complaints
- Where applicable, coordinates meetings between employees and management to facilitate the dispute resolution process
- Represents the company in dealings with government agencies such as the EEOC, Department of Labor and National Labor Relations Board
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3 + years' experience in human resources
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- State and local employment law knowledge