Director of Global Revenue
- Gloversville, NY
We are seeking a Director of Global Revenue to join our team.
• Research, assess and document accounting implications on the Company's revenue transactions
in this rapidly evolving high tech industry.
• Interpret contractual language to advise field teams on and apply proper application of accounting policies.
• Review customer contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606
• Oversee the team with responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of all monthly billing and revenue entries including the preparation of all balance sheet and income statement reconciliations.
• Manage the design and operations of internal controls and policies and procedures related to revenue recognition and monthly close and reporting processes.
• Analyze and report key revenue metrics and results.
• Manage and streamline the revenue accounting process to improve clarity, efficiency and scale for growth.
• Support CFO with short and longterm revenue forecasting, providing analysis based on both historical and projected sales performance
• Use analytical skills and findings to make recommendations on process improvements.
• Take responsibility for all revenue related disclosures in the financial statements.
• Create and maintain superb working relationships and collaboration across the Finance, Legal and Field Sales and Success teams.
• Drive the professional development and coaching of the team and cross pollination of skills and intelligence throughout the function and the broader business.
• Play a lead role in managing relationship with the auditors and provide support for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Must be, or recently have been, the revenue manager or the assistant revenue manager for a company in the software space, preferably public.
• Must have a CPA and a bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• Proven ability to work under pressure in a high growth environment.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in a corporate finance environment including a minimum of 4 years of experience in revenue, including multiple element arrangements and SaaS accounting.
• Must have a deep understanding of ASC 605 and ASC 606 and preferably have worked in a company that has been through the adoption of the new standard
• Familiarity with NetSuite accounting system and Salesforce CRM system a plus.
• Must be a great communicator and be a proven leader that can nurture and inspire the next great revenue managers.
• Above all else, a willingness to undertake any and all projects in order to support your teammates and improve the overall effectiveness of the function
Back to top