Director of Financial Reporting
- Gloversville, NY
My client is seeking an Associate Director of Financial Reporting to join its corporate finance team.
- Responsible for the preparation of 10?Q, 10?K and other SEC filings including financial statements,
footnote disclosures and MD&A to ensure timely and accurate filings
- Documentation of internal controls in accordance with the Sarbanes?Oxley Act
- Assessment of new SEC/GAAP pronouncements, preparing position papers and amending the reporting process accordingly
- Research and documentation of technical accounting inquiries and related disclosure requirements
• Assistance with quarterly and annual Earnings Release, Investor Decks and other outside communications as appropriate.
- Perform technical accounting analyses and resolution of complex accounting transactions related to potential new acquisitions, investments, non?controlling interests, derivatives and hedging, among others.
- Serve as an internal technical accounting resource to help implement key new or non?standard transactions and initiatives (e.g., revenue, ASC 606, and lease, ASC 842, accounting standards)
- Support month end closings, including the preparation of complex accounting entries and reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 6 years of public or private accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Experience preparing footnote disclosures and accounting memos
- SEC reporting experience
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and be detail?oriented
- Must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience with an SEC filing tool is a plus (Workiva or similar tool)
Back to top