Beverage Manufacturing company located in New York is seeking a Corporate Accountant to start immediately. This is a permanent opportunity with a fast growing firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation of monthly closing journal entries and prepare closing work papers.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and key P&L accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual balance sheet analysis and P&L analytics.
- Assist in monthly accrual process.
- Review internal controls processes for all accounts and recommend improvements.
- Assist in audits with outside accountants (including annual financial statement audit and bank audit).
- Knowledge of inventory cost accounting is a plus; standard cost updates, bill of material updates, cost of goods sold analysis, etc. Not required.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills as this position with interact with all departments within the company.
- Excels in a high growth environment with increasing responsibilities.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Bachelor's Degree Required; preferably a degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Understanding of GAAP, and a CPA [or pursuing the Certified Public Accountant credential] preferred.
- 2-3 years of public accounting, or combination of public and private accounting experience highly preferred
- Position requires in-person attendance at bi-annual company retreats/meetings in New York and Orlando (or other locations as it may vary year to year