My client is a government contractor based in Northern Virginia and is seeking a Controller to be responsible for the accounting and finance functions for the organization. The Controller will report directly to the owner. Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Oversight of all accounting operations to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of the accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance accuracy.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Oversee and perform day-to-day cash management duties, including ensuring that accounts receivable are collected and accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, and appropriately transferring cash between checking, savings and the line of credit.
- Ensure payroll is accurately processed confidentially and in accordance with strict time deadlines.
- Perform month-end closings in a timely manner, including maintaining appropriate expense cut-off procedures, and performing sub-ledger and bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for financial statements, the external annual financial and DCAA audits, compliance and Incurred Cost submission, FAR, CAS and GSA compliance, revenue recognition and EAC development and review, and budget variance reporting.
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, you should ideally possess a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience. Additionally, Deltek CostPoint 7 experience is highly preferred.
For more information on this and other fulltime accounting and finance opportunities across the DC metro area, please contact Patricia DiMaria, CPA, Finance and Accounting Direct at Addison Group on 703-547-6736 or email in the strictest confidence to email@example.com.