This HireStrategy/Addison Group client is a historically prominent university located in the heart of Washington DC, who is currently in search of a knowledgeable and experienced Contracts Specialist to join their team.
- Prepare, review, negotiate, and interpret contracts (including among others, confidentiality agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements, and amendments), ensuring business needs and priorities are met while minimizing potential risks.
- Read, understand, and analyze standard business and legal terms, identify issues and risks, and suggest potential solutions.
- Utilize and maintain contract forms, templates, standard clauses, checklists, guidelines, and policies.
- Coordinate and process information and responses from business stakeholders and other Law Department members to utilize in contract review and negotiation.
- Maintain and update the contracts database to store/retrieve contracts, track contract status and milestones, and report on upcoming contract renewals or expirations.
- Prepare reports and statistics to facilitate the planning and maintenance of contract records.
- Provide training and guidance to business partners regarding the contract review and approval process, contracts management, and potential risks.
- Participate in and assist with the resolution of contract disputes and claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's in Finance and/or Accounting is desired
- Minimum of 2 years of experience necessary
Back to top