- Washington, DC
This HireStrategy/Addison Group client is a nationally renowned, premier leader in education in the Washington DC Area, and is looking for a seasoned Contracts Administrator to come aboard! This is an opportunity to work for a Local University and after one year be eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- Responsible for all phases contract administration which include: leading and/or participating in proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer activities in accordance with company policies, contract and legal requirements and customer specifications.
- Primary point of contract for contractual matters providing timely and effective customer communications and develop and maintain positive customer relationships for both internal and external customers.
- Prepares proposals in response to customer RFI's, RFP;s and RFQ's.
- Analyzes and evaluates RFP's and ensures responsive proposals are prepared.
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Negotiates, executes, manages, maintains and closes-out DOD and other Government type and commercial contracts.
- Negotiates price, terms and conditions to mitigate risk.
- Monitors contract performance to ensure cost, technical, quality and contractual objectives are being met.
- Requires independent judgement and analyses of significant issue identification.
- Requires excellent knowledge of policies and processes or assessment of required deviations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline (MBA and CPCM or other related Contracts certification are highly desirable.
- Between 3-7 years of experience as a contracts administrator
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in administration of DOD/Government and/or Aerospace Manufacturing Government contract environment.
- Expert knowledge of contractual and Government regulations including FAR, DFARS. Familiarity with Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Experience with all types of contracts including firm fixed price, cost reimbursement and t&m.
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Office, MS Project a plus. Experience with a Contract Management System or Product Lifecycle Management System is preferred.
- This position may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance. Requires U.S. Citizenship.
Back to top