Are you looking for a growth opportunity with a reputable company and a positive work environment? Come join one of the world's largest and most prestigious law firms, headquartered right here in NYC. They are looking for a Billing Specialist to join their team.
Billing Specialist - Manhattan - base salary up to $80,000 + overtime + bonus
- Interface with client accounts payable departments (or other designated representatives) in a manner that demonstrates professionalism in keeping with the Firm's values and commitment to client service
- Prepare and review monthly draft bills to include addressing billing discrepancies in advance of partner review; discussing and implementing any changes; obtaining billing authorization from the partner; and ensuring consistent adherence to client-specific guidelines
- Respond to all queries regarding time entry and/or billing; proactively contact timekeepers to review time entry protocols
- Obtain third party/vendor expense back-up, and redact all client and personal information not relevant to the matter
- Participate in the collections process, resolving delinquent accounts in a timely manner according to Firm policy and escalating appropriately to Firm's management
- Conduct client reviews verifying client/matter arrangement and information in management and reporting system
- Administer client engagement letter process, confirming letters adhere to the Firm's standard, are issued on a timely basis, are properly signed with all appropriate schedules included, and are returned by the client
- Provide timely information on billing and collections
- Bachelors degree required
- 3+ years of related experience
- Ability to efficiently execute, review and organize a high-volume of client case activity
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience dealing with demanding clients, whether internal or external to the organization
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Prior law firm billing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Elite and/or Aderant a plus
If interested, pick up the phone and give me a call at (646) 416 - 6945 or send me your resume at email@example.com to be considered!
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: Many of Addison's Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation