Open Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst
Pay: Up to $43/hr.
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Profile Summary:
The Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst will support SMI efforts by providing consistent and standardized business reporting to support data-driven decisions. The role will have technical capability and business acumen to find opportunities using multiple systems.
This role leverages solid data visualization and data extraction techniques to guarantee evergreen business reporting at all levels of the organization.
- Evaluate and utilize appropriate BI tool available in the toolkit to streamline report generation and provide speed to business decision making, including self-serving tools that enable users to analyze data through many business dimensions with visibility to granular and historical data
- Be the reporting expert supporting cross-functional teams, gather data from various sources, and build automated reporting to democratize data across the company.
- Evaluate and plan activities to implement automation of manual data extracts and other manual activities
- Meet with stakeholders to analyze user requirements, processes and problems
- Modification of existing program applications
- Documentation of the completed applications
- Support for programs/applications related to a specific area, includes some after-hours and weekends
- +2 years of experience in business intelligence / reporting role. Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced experience in Excel; G Slides with solid storytelling skills.
- Working knowledge of SQL / RDBMS and BI platforms. Knowledge of Alteryx preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in at least one BI Visualization tool (i.e. Tableau, Domo, Qlik) with ability to learn additional vendor and proprietary visualizations tools.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle large amounts of data, identify key information and provide insightful recommendations to all levels within the organization
- Ability to communicate well, form strong partnerships and powerfully convey their recommendations in order to gain action on their insights.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency to be able to work both independently and in team settings in a fast-paced environment; capability to manage urgency timelines
- Up to date knowledge of technologies
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Min Years of Experience: 1 to 3 years