ASSISTANT CORPORATE CONTROLLER
We are looking for an Assistant Corporate Controller to support the Global Accounting organization at a NYC based media company. This person will be responsible for financial and operational reporting and analysis, as well as management of the global accounting team. In addition, the Assistant Corporate Controller will have daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting responsibilities and will assist the Corporate Controller in special projects.
- Manage financial month-end close process; coordinate team efforts around the close schedule; and ensure that all required financial data is properly captured, reconciled, documented and disclosed.
- Lead the monthly Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash flow review meetings, ensuring
compliance and understanding key business drivers impacting financial results.
- Assist in the development of key financial policies and procedures throughout the organization, including implementation and maintenance of such policies.
- CPA with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years of experience, with both public accounting & public and/or private company experience.
- 3+ years of direct management
- Proficient in US GAAP, technical accounting and internal controls.
- Proficient with Excel with a strong systems background (NetSuite preferred).
- Ableto influence and drive business process changes
- Ableto prioritize, multi-task and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ableto mentor and develop staff.