Our client in Northern Virginia is searching for an AR Specialist to join their team. Top requirements include:
- Secures revenue and resolves discrepancies.
- Compiles necessary data and enters appropriate information into the agency management system and accounting system, or appropriate Excel spreadsheet for various daily, weekly and monthly reports including but not limited to: journal entries into the general ledger, operating detail calculations report, receivables report and bad debt report.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payments and performing detailed audits.
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential, and updates job knowledge through educational opportunities.
- Provides clerical support, including: managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable; monitoring late pays for appropriate action; accurately assisting in line-by-line commission calculations and data entry/validation.
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience, especially A/R focused
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills - comfortable using pivot tables and V-lookups