Our client is looking for a go-getter with accounting experience to join their team! This is an excellent opportunity to join an established company and gain more experience with a wonderful team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Accounting Assistant - A/P Specialist
- Assists in all functions of the Accounting Department related to Purchasing/Receiving and Inventory, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Daily Cash Management, and General Ledger
- Enters sales orders and purchase orders into computer based on orders submitted by sales personnel and buyers, including proper descriptions, quantities, pricing, disposition upon receipt and setup of special-order inventory SKUs as required.
- Receives merchandise into the computer based on receiving documents obtained from warehouse and unloading personnel. Tracks discrepancies by comparison to purchase order data and notifies sales personnel and/or buyer. Adjusts sales orders as needed and notifies sales personnel of merchandise arrival.
- Matches purchase orders and vendor invoices against receipts, approves, and enters them into the system.
- Performs daily cash drawer's openings and/or closings, making daily bank deposits on alternating basis with other accounting personnel. May perform routine daily journal balancing and reports.
- Tracks damaged and returned products using various source documents provided by warehousemen and sales personnel for identification of distressed or damaged goods to assure accuracy of inventory and vendor invoicing.
- Assists customers regarding account balances and application of payments both in person and by mail, using available source documents. Assists in preparing, processing, and mailing monthly statements for accounts receivable accounts in a timely and accurate manner as well as providing this information on demand as requested by customers.
- Assist with collection efforts including reminders and phone calls as needed.
- Enters trade and non-trade invoices not processed by others. Pays all invoices in Accounts Payable (A/P) system.
- Processes credit memorandums for returned merchandise after reviewing original purchase invoices to achieve accuracy of information. Notify purchaser to coordinate return of merchandise when applicable.
- Assists in preparing and reviewing various daily and monthly balancing spreadsheets and reports.
- Cross-trains with other Accounting Clerks to assure backup of responsibilities.
- Assists with general office duties including answering incoming telephone calls, greeting/assisting customers and visitors in a professional manner, records management utilizing both paper filing and electronic document scanning, and performing clerical duties as required. Requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- High school diploma, its equivalent. Prefer successful completion of basic education requirements, to include at least an introductory course in accounting, with 1-3 years job-related experience.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to visually interpret displayed or printed data; perform manual entry or inquiry through a computer keyboard; utilize an electronic calculator; and verbally communicate with customers, employees, vendors, and others-often all the above in rapid sequence, or some parts simultaneously.
- Ability to create legible and accurate, electronic and paper written communications, to employees, customers, vendors and others is required.
- Ability to understand and follow written or verbal instructions from supervisory personnel.
- Team player, ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds.
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay : We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses : You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment : Many of Addison's Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections : You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options : You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development : You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation