Organization: Corporate Functions/
Location: US - New York, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
The Travel Research Manager reports to the Travel Research Global Lead and is responsible for leading both internal and client-facing research projects. The primary focus will be working with the North American Travel management team, clients, and client teams to grow our business and competitive differentiation in this market. Responsibilities will include carrying out small research projects and actively contributing to more complex global projects led by others.
The role will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, business acumen, a client service mindset and above all, a passion for the Travel industry which includes airlines, hospitality, cruises, travel services and the clients that we serve. Stakeholder management is an important part of the role, as well as ability to work as part of a cross-functional team with other researchers and colleagues from Marketing, Consulting & Strategy and Offering Development to serve the Accenture Travel practice with tools contents and insights needed for client engagements.
- Understanding the key issues facing travel companies and the travel industry at large, and designs thought provoking points of view on the future recovery of the industry and imperatives for success based upon proprietary insights, market analysis and in-depth trend reviews.
- Developing innovative research to explore key questions in a logical and structured manner; proactively introduces innovation to senior leadership and clients
- Designing and managing research projects to define and re-shape thinking on major Travel industry/business/technology issues
- Identify the implications of the research and support the creation of a compelling, business-focused story about the data that is relevant to the end client. This is about insight, not just information.
- Liaising with 3rd party data providers and suppliers to bring external data and insights into travel research projects
- Analyzing, visualize and interpret data from multiple sources for client use.
- Contributing to high-quality presentation materials for current and potential large clients.
- Being accountable for deadlines and quality standards.
- Supporting the on-going development of Accenture Research's profile, visibility and brand across our consulting practice within North America.
- Travel industry experience, including sense of the role of data, digital and technology in disrupting the Travel industry
- Foundation of core research strategy skills & problem solving
- An appetite to use data creatively to drive business outcomes
- Strong communications skills and interest in storytelling
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and manage time and own workload and that of other more junior team members
- Proven ability to manage people and projects - overseeing budget, milestones, internal and 3rd party resources and senior stakeholders
- Clear enthusiasm for research
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Bachelors Degree
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NY - New York