Supply Chain, and we move fast, think fast, and work fast. Our Fortune 500 clients need big-picture change, so we come at their challenges from all sides with functional insights, data power, digital leadership, and extensive industry know-how. It's our job to show clients how to take major leaps forward in planning, procurement, manufacturing, fulfillment while becoming more sustainable and resilient. How do we do it? We call out the most important metrics. We cut costs, optimize capital, improve response times and consider ESG values. We connect suppliers and customers across the extended supply chain. And we create strategies and operating models that really work.
A skillful procurement practitioner and advisor. You know how to make procurement work for clients, society, and our planet - ensuring input products and services are received responsibly without interruption. And, what's more - you've got the real-life experience and analytical know-how to reduce complexity, optimize risk exposure / resiliency and increase long-term profitability.
You will support our clients across a broad range of industries to address their issues related to:
- Competitive agility - maximizing the value of the procurement function
- 3rd party cost takeout - complex sourcing, should cost modelling for SG&A and COGS, specifications / policy / process refinement
- Digital disruption - RPA, AI, Blockchain, amongst others
- Mergers & Acquisition - clean room-based synergy identification
- Responsible Procurement - redefining, executing and monitoring performance against environmental, social and corporate governance targets.
- Advanced analytics - spend, contracts, and consumption
- Should-cost modelling - indirect / SG&A (incl. technology, marketing, professional services, etc.) and direct / COGS (incl. chemicals, metals, ingredients, etc.)
- Operating model architecture - people, process technology
- Lead small to medium sized teams (3 - 10), with diverse backgrounds skills and knowledge
- Effectively manage and coach others, collaborating with internal and external parties
- Support client sales origination and thought leadership development
- Challenge legacy ways of working using constructive techniques that fuel client growth
- Drive a positive impact in the communities where we work and live
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Racking-up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Read more of the job description
Here's what you need:
- At least 3 years of experience working in Procurement or 3rd party cost takeout initiatives
- At least 5 years working in an external consulting firm and operating at the Consultant equivalent
- A Bachelor's Degree
Bonus points if:
- You have the proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- You excel in building and developing relationships, overseeing complex programs and demonstrating leadership
- You've earned an MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- You have a functional-level understanding of technology solutions
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CT - Hartford,MA - Boston,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh