Organization: Corporate Functions/Sales & Pricing Performance
Location: Negotiable - West preferred
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Accenture Pricing Architects are a highly visible group with a mission to develop and implement strategies and tactics that enable Accenture deal teams to maximize profitability and achieve desired outcomes for our clients through compelling, market-based pricing and commercial propositions. This role drives key strategic and tactical decisions related to pricing and profitability for a given geography, working across industries and services groups with a focus on building relationships, knowledge, and insights about each commercial environment. Market, Services, and Market Unit leads are trusted advisors within their respective Leadership teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
Core Service Execution
- Market Pricing Strategy and Execution: Support senior leadership in defining Accenture's pricing approach to maximize profitable growth across Client Groups.
- Deal Pricing Strategy and Execution: S&C Pricing Architects design and implement commercial strategies to enhance profitability, overseeing price positioning and client optics, deal shaping, deal qualification activities and financial structuring.
- Competitive Positioning: Competitive Pricing Architects build a point of view about competitor pricing and capabilities, derive deal-specific Accenture price target based on differentiation, and work with stakeholders to achieve target.
- Rate Card Strategy and Development: Rate Card Pricing Architects design and develop client rate cards for account teams.
Drive and manage programs that improve sales
- Identify and drive sales & pricing performance improvements by developing and implementing best practices, process and reporting
- Support sales professionals/leaders in understanding client requirements, constraints, buyer values and high-level acceptability criteria for any solution
- Work with Solution Delivery and Sales teams in identification, analysis, solution, business case development, proposal preparation and presentation to clients
- Manage sales materials and credentials and coordinate the RFI/RFP/proposal response completion with sales teams, Solution Architects, delivery managers, and Sales Support teams
- Define, monitor and analyze program metrics, targets and strategic imperatives based on fiscal year plans as well as structure and/or review the cost models to achieve the most competitive price
- With MU and Service Leadership, proactively manage the pipeline to ensure accuracy, identify trends (including but not limited to deal sizes, MD time, ADR / CCI, pyramids, commercial constructs etc.), and provide insight on opportunities for optimization both overall and across priority deals.
- Guide Pricing Support team in developing pricing and commercial propositions for bids and proposals, demonstrating the greatest value to clients and driving market-based pricing.
- Build and maintain strong relationships both internally within the practice and externally with clients.
Other Service Offerings
- Education: Support upskilling of client-facing practitioners and internal teams involved in sales & pricing, equipping them with the context and confidence to defend market-based pricing.
- Negotiations: Provide coaching on negotiation tactics and walk-away points and directly participate in client and/or procurement negotiations on a limited basis.
- Deal Profitability Triage: For specific opportunities identified by the Market and/or opportunities below deal level targets, identify avenues to increase price and/or margin on the opportunity across all aspects (e.g., solution, costing, commercials).
- TPA Benchmark Defense: Lead/support client/account teams through a Third Party Advisor (TPA) benchmark of an existing contract or a sole source pursuit on a limited basis.
- Build credible relationships and manage interface with Sales Lead(s), Legal, Finance, Contracting, Human Resources, Recruiting, Marketing, and other internal organizations, as well as clients, as appropriate
- Understand Accenture assets, offerings and methodologies to match to client business needs effectively
- Responsible for pricing wide-scale renegotiations and developing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis
- Provide ongoing training to the account team regarding rate card assumptions
- Support sales team by providing pricing data for client-facing and internal executive Powerpoint presentations
- Validate key Statement of Work (SOW) assumptions, e.g. double-check billable hours, Accenture investments, COLA/FX
- Must support/mirror working hours for the supported Market Unit or other business area
- Must be flexible with work hours according to shifting business needs
- Must have good internet connectivity and distraction-free environment for working at home, in accordance with local guidelines
- May be required to travel on rare occasions
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Read more of the job description
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Business Management education desirable
- Deep understanding of S&PP processes and tools preferred
- Familiarity with Finance processes desirable
- Competitive Analysis: ADVANCED
- Deal Shaping: INTERMEDIATE
- Executive Presence: INTERMEDIATE
- Market Intelligence: ADVANCED
- Negotiation: INTERMEDIATE
- Pricing & Commercial Strategy Development: ADVANCED
- Pricing & Profitability Optimization: ADVANCED
- Experience working in a senior role with deal shaping expertise. Is great at educating and influencing other leaders, to change behaviors in line with desired outcomes. Grew up and made Manager on the line.
- Highly knowledgeable about the key components of a deal that can enhance profitability, with proven ability to structure different pricing arrangements
- English language fluency (oral and written)
- Enjoys the hunt - thrives on negotiation, but recognizes a good negotiation should be a win/win
- Consummate Learner AND Teacher - we want people who are intellectually curious and quick studies, with a mindset and drive to aggressively change behaviors toward market-relevant pricing
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with gravitas, confidence and credibility to engage and take on commercial negotiations with senior client decision makers and procurement teams
- Well-connected within their practice and viewed as an equal among the deal team - it is best for the practice lead to identify potential candidates (i.e. hand-select the bottle from the cellar)
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
As required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $90,900 - $153,299 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CA - San Francisco,CO - Denver,WA - Seattle