Organization: Corporate Functions/Legal
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Services Counsel - Applied Intelligence
The Global Services Legal team is a strategic business partner and a product counsel for the four Service lines of Accenture, i.e. Interactive, Strategy & Consulting, Technology and Operations. The Global Services Legal team is seeking to appoint a counsel to act as Services Counsel (Counsel) in support of Accenture's Applied Intelligence, which is a part of Strategy & Consulting.
Applied Intelligence (AAI) is the world's largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in artificial intelligence. AAI believes a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything-spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services.
The variety of work of the Counsel role, and the experience it offers, provides an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
This Counsel supports the various businesses within AAI. See https://www.accenture.com/us-en/services/applied-intelligence-index for more information about AAI businesses.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the Business as a strategic partner and trusted adviser to enable growth of the Business
- Conducting legal assessments of products and services, including identifying risks and related risk mitigation strategies (contractual, operational, technical)
- Working with the Business t o identify, manage and mitigate risks, comply with laws and company policies, and undertake ethical considerations in its endeavors
- Advising on data privacy issues and responsible use and management of data for B2B and B2C products and services, including artificial intelligence or machine learning technology, digital or targeted marketing campaigns, smart cloud applications, and insight and trend reports
- Developing clear communication messages, guidance, templates and trainings regarding the products and services and related use of data for sales and go to market teams, development teams, technical teams and the rest of the Legal organization.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating data licenses, complex alliance, academic, and supplier technology transaction agreements related to client facing products and services.
- Developing strong relationships with the Business and within the AAI legal team and broader Global Services Legal organization.
- Taking on assignments as required by designated AAI Business Legal Lead and AAI Global Legal Lead.
- JD degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification.
- Admitted to the bar (or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law. A Common Law qualification is preferred.
- 6+ years' of relevant attorney experience in the area of technology, drafting and negotiating data vendor, technology and/or OEM vendor agreements for use in B2B or B2C products or services offered to clients (in a law firm or in a fast-paced in-house legal department or military group)
- Strong commercial, technology, IP and data privacy experience
Candidates should ideally also have experience in:
- Risk identification, analysis, and management relating to products and services;
- Drafting and negotiation of client and supplier agreements, including understanding of intellectual property, data privacy and data protection issues;
- Deal shaping and evaluation of innovative commercial models for new product and service offerings; and
- Developing trusted relationships with Business teams
- Functional understanding of legal issues, especially data privacy related issues, related to bringing products and services offerings to market in a legally compliant manner, including offerings utilizing machine learning, third party data, or the delivery of digital or targeted marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of: (a) data privacy issues regarding consumer or personally identifiable data; (b) IP law; and (c) open source licensing
- Experience with data licensing or monetization strategies.
- Understanding connection between in-bound agreements and client-facing agreements.
- Risk analysis, appreciation and management;
- Be a self-starter, prepared to work in start-up/entrepreneurial environment
- Have a proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Have excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Have a pragmatic and practical approach to legal advice and legal support
- Be skilled at explaining legal issues and the real-world impact of the issues in a way that is understood by non-lawyers
- Have strong negotiation skills, including internally within the company and with customers or suppliers.
- Demonstrate good judgment, an ability to prioritize and make decisions, and spot and mitigate risks
- Have good organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- thrive in a constantly changing environment by showing high adaptability and comfort with ambiguity, pathfinding in the new.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite of products; and
- Proficient at speaking English.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.