Accenture is a global collective of innovators whose aim is to improve the way the world works and lives. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent, we drive success in new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. And we are looking to add an experienced Security Automation Engineer to an already outstanding team.
Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond to, and recover, at all points of the security lifecycle. We hire the very best security talent and arm them with the coolest tools and latest tech so they can help our clients build resilience as we create integrated, customized turnkey solutions. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
You Are passionate about breaking down barriers to efficiency and enabling cybersecurity analysts reach their maximum potential in defending enterprises. You may some have experience with cybersecurity operations and are experienced at working with users to understand challenging problems, then use software development or scripting languages to solve them. You also have a solid background in the fundamentals of computing, such as the ability to troubleshoot networking of product integration issues.
Read more of the job description
Cybersecurity analysts today are overwhelmed with too many alerts, not enough context, and numerous repetitive tasks. Our Security Automation service helps our clients be more efficient, better prioritize threats, and respond more quickly and efficiently to the threats that they face. We primarily utilize Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platforms to implement use cases.
What you will do:
Work with our clients to understand their security operations pain points and identify where security automation could create significant efficiencies or enable their analysts to be more effective. Design, document, and implement use cases in SOAR platforms. Develop prototypes and elicit client feedback. Deploy and configure SOAR platforms and integrations with third party security technologies such as firewalls, CASB, EDR, etc.
- Experience with common authentication (e.g., OAuth, Okta, SSO, LDAP) technologies.
- Experience implementing and using solutions with REST interfaces.
- Moderate Linux and Windows system administration experience. Understanding of fundamental computing technologies such as the TCP/IP stack, networking, processes, threads, etc. Ability to troubleshoot IT issues.
- A basic understanding of cybersecurity concepts.
- Ability to derive requirements and use cases from cybersecurity analysts and stakeholders.
- Ability to prototype solutions, elicit feedback, and prioritize modifications with end users.
- A solid understanding of cybersecurity operations and incident response.
- Awareness of security threats and defensive strategies. Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK.
- Experience communicating and presenting effectively with diverse levels of the organization including managers, users, and technical teams, with ability to explain security topics to a business audience.
- A proven track record of taking ownership of projects and delivering them on time and within budget.
- SOAR platform experience (XSOAR, Phantom, ServiceNow)
- Web development experience
- Experience working in Security Operations, Incident Response, or Penetration Testing
- Experience using and configuring various security technologies, such as EDR, SIEM, Firewalls,
- Other scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Logging flow and search technologies (Splunk, Elastic Stack, etc.)
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) and strategies for security cloud infrastructure and applications.
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.