Title: Supply Chain & Operations Transportation Logistics Senior Manager
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services-all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Supply Chain and Operations professionals house individuals who help clients develop strategies and operating models that integrate fulfillment functions within an organization, as well as connect suppliers and customers across the extended supply chain.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems. Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. Will interact and present to senior level client leaders
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Ability to flex between projects and showcase critical thinking skills.
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Read more of the job description
- Minimum 8 years of driving business improvement within domestic transportation functions
- Minimum 8 years of experience in process improvement, implementation of best practices in transportation, and continuous improvement to enable performance optimization
- Minimum 8 years of project management/team management experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Microsoft Office suite, including MS Access and MS Excel
- Experience in driving a business team through designing and/or re-designing complex transportation processes
- Experienced in business case development, value driven solution definition and value realization; analytical understanding of full transportation cycle
- Experience in an operations/consulting setting in international transportation
- Supply Chain and Operations analytics background
- International transportation and logistics control tower is a plus
- Knowledge of TMS and Visibility systems is a plus
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CA - San Diego,GA - Atlanta,TX - Houston,TX - Irving