Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services-all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Business Process Delivery professionals execute repeatable core business processes and/or technical transactions with a focus on efficiency, first-time quality and overall continuous process improvement.
The Payroll Tax Team Lead will plan, organize, and manage the delivery of all client payroll tax functions including year-end processing and quarterly tax filings as well as provide supervision and guidance to assigned staff. As this position also interacts with several client partners, customer service plays an important role, delivering on Accenture and client priorities.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate completion of payroll tax processes, ensuring Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded. Processes include but are not limited to: - Quarterly Tax Filings
- Amendment Processing
- Agency Notice research and second level response
- System reconciliation
- System tax setup
- Maintains payroll tax staff by recruiting, orienting, and training employees.
- Provide indirect supervision to the Mumbai payroll support team as required
- Develop, implement and maintain quality controls
- Act as first level escalation point for any payroll tax issues
- Professionally interact with the client in a multi-vendor environment
- Provide subject matter expertise to project teams, assisting in the design and implementation of new types of payroll tax actions and automation
- Identify, design and implement process improvements
- Ensure tools, processes and systems are fully tested prior to implementation
- Ensure all work plans, job aids, communications, and work instructions are up to date
- Demonstrate strong customer service in all activities, setting the appropriate example for team members across the account
- Maintain knowledge of client's HR policies, standard operating procedures, and business practices
Read more of the job description
- 3 minimum years of payroll tax processing experience in a multi-state environment
- 3 minimum years of leadership, training, and/or people development experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Payroll Tax subject matter expertise
- Experience delivering payroll or tax services in Workday
- Experience utilizing ADP SmartCompliance
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation
- A passion for payroll tax operations
- Strong understanding of payroll software (e.g., Workday, ADP, etc.) and MS Office products (especially Excel). Knowledge and understanding of Excel's Pivot Table functionality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience managing and improving payroll tax procedures and processes.
- Excellent people management.
- Great Reporting Skills
As required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $56,500 - $94,799 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.