Oracle database administrator is responsible for design, build and manage complex database environments in enterprises. The individual should be able to lead and direct teams of database technical resources using global delivery model. Individual should have prior experience in implementation, upgrade and day to day support of complex database systems for large enterprises. Individual will work as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and be able to participate and/or take ownership critical technical issues. Individual should be able to perform hands-on activities in troubleshooting, setup, administer or optimize the systems. Participate in business development opportunities, mentor and drive the technical solution delivery.
- Lead and manage support for daily operations of production and non-production environments
- Work as lead Oracle database administrator
- Setup and manage data replication using different technologies such as Golden gate
- Implement and upgrade Oracle database systems
- Architect and perform migration of databases from one platform to another (modernization)
- Develop expertise in cloud solutions to run Oracle databases on various cloud platforms
- Architect and manage High availability solution for technology layers
- Applying quarterly security patches (PSUs/CPUs)
- Completing environments refreshes of lower environments on periodic basis
- Troubleshooting application and database related issues
- Completing applications and databases restarts during maintenances
- Resolving security vulnerabilities associated with those applications/databases from the monthly security scans
- Completing annual disaster recovery test for those applications/databases
Read more of the job description
- Minimum 6 years of experience as Oracle database administrator (database versions 11 and above)
- Experience in major upgrades and implementations
- Experience in platform migrations
- Experience in supporting Oracle Exadata systems is a nice plus
- Support developers with troubleshooting code and optimization
- Performance tuning skills
- High availability architectures - RAC
- Replication technologies - Goldengate and others
- Prior experience in cloud platforms is a nice to have
- Experience in other database platforms such as SQL Server, DB2, Mongo DB etc is nice to have.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
FL - Miami,GA - Atlanta