Organization: Corporate Functions/
Location: US - New York, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Accenture Research shapes trends and creates data-driven insights about the most pressing issues global organizations face. Combining the influence of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients' industries, our team of 300 researchers and analysts - including more than 50 in North America alone - spans 20 countries and publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking research - supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations such as MIT and Singularity - guides our innovation and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
This opening is for the role of Operations Thought Leadership Research Manager with a focus on managing large-scale thought leadership research projects that aim to continually advance Accenture's position as a leader in the Operations and business process services (BPS, BPO, GBS) space. This role will support the global needs of Accenture's senior stakeholder priorities as we work with them to shape ideas into robust research endeavors and - ultimately - thought-provoking, compelling content.
This position sits within our global Operations research team which is a team of 8 researchers based in 3 countries (US, Poland, India). The successful candidate will work closely with the Global Operations Research Lead and other key stakeholders (marketing, practice experts/leads, etc.) to help ideate, define and establish the thought leadership agenda for the Operations business. He/she will also play a key project management and hands-on research role then to design and execute the related thought leadership projects.
While it is assumed the researcher will focus on thought leadership (TL) and point of view (POV)-related projects, there will be occasions in which he/she will work on projects outside this core area that could require other capabilities, such as those aligning to traditional market and/or competitor research areas.
- Supporting senior researchers and colleagues at all stages of a project:
- Ideate, scope and define TL research project requirements, as well as set stakeholder expectations for deliverables.
- Adhere to formalized Accenture Research TL process to ensure most effective and highest quality research outcomes.
- Develop deep understanding of all innovation capabilities that Accenture Research and our external partners can bring to bear for any TL project (quantitative, qualitative, technological).
- Ensure proper interpretation of data and other findings from multiple sources (proprietary, public, etc.) and conduct high-quality analysis with a significant degree of autonomy.
- Create high-quality PowerPoint slides and briefing material for status calls, speeches and presentations by Accenture leadership.
- Support the transfer of thought leadership and research capabilities within immediate team and identify opportunities for skills building.
- Developing own set of expertise and embracing innovation in our research methods
- Specialize in understanding the key trends and challenges related to intelligent business operations and operating model maturity - broadly - as well as BPO, BPS, GBS areas. This includes the role that new/emerging technologies (cloud, AI, robotics, blockchain, etc.) will play and the impacts to talent and sourcing strategies.
- Develop own "brand" as a highly skilled TL researcher on topics/issues relevant to Accenture Operations' business agenda and strategy.
- Develop own network of contacts internally and externally (academia, research partners, etc.) to raise personal as well as Accenture Research visibility.
- Be an Innovation Agent by embrace innovation and transfer it to Accenture Research methods and culture.
- Working with Practice teams and presenting research findings and TL internally and externally
- Present findings of your work and/or be ready to answer specific questions as part of client's conversation.
- Work together with client teams to develop research findings at business development stages as well as client proposals or engagements.
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NY - New York