Open Innovation (OI) segment consultants are full time members of the Accenture OI Portfolio organization. This team is responsible for working on the development of emerging partnership strategies and client pipelines by identifying key business problems, analyzing client issues within those business problems - providing recommendations to leaders on partnership development and enabling them to make the right strategic choices on a select set of innovative partners to recurringly design, test and deploy partner solutions wrapped with Accenture services at clients.
The role of the consultant is to support the Accenture OI segments in all aspects of the job - from developing differentiated analysis of the ecosystem, assessing market categories and startups, providing ideas and a framework for recommendations. This entails working on discrete engagements and dedicated analytical tasks with a range of different organizations and regions.
These high-level supporting activities help the Open innovation team:
- Act as a strategic advisor and sharpen analytical insights
- Drive client impact, differentiation and partner-related revenue growth
- Build a strong internal network to generate opportunities for our partner companies
- Originate, develop, and execute new partnerships
- Manage the startup onboarding legal and procurement process
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (12 years) work experience (If an, Associate's Degree with 6 years of work experience)
- 5 years of consulting and/or presales experience
- Skilled in synthesizing information from various sources and infer practical implications to Accenture's or our clients' business
- Familiarity with system integration, solution architecting and large scale deployments of enterprise technology
- Experience in working with large account teams in enterprise technology context,
- Familiarity with a given startup landscape
- Firm understanding with how consulting firms operate and its respective business models
- Ability to effectively switch between strategy and tactics, coupled with a strong sense of urgency to move sales opportunities forward
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure sales environment
- Excellent program and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to present information effectively to novice and expert audiences
- Experience valued: corporate strategy and/or consulting, corporate innovation, pre-sales or strategic partnerships / VC and PE, Marketing in high tech possible too.
- Economics, Engineering, Business undergraduate degree with honors. Graduate degree, MSc. or MBA preferred
- Proficient in at least one European language in addition to full working fluency in English
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York