Organization: Corporate Functions/Workplace
Location: US - Chicago
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Workplace Management and Solutions professionals provide space and service support solutions for all Accenture people and businesses globally, running Accenture's workplace as a robust business function leveraging Accenture's business and technology strategies.
Execute the services in their area(s) of responsibility under supervision for a moderate to large size location. Scope may include a wide range of Workplace Solutions customer services activities, delivered on-site at an Accenture location. May include workspace set-up, Audio/Visual, catering, document production, reception, floor support and other location services. Carry out routine tasks according to guidelines and/or under supervision.
Under supervision, complete a wide range of Workplace Solutions customer services activities such as guest reception, greeting and welcoming visitors, workspace set-up, A/V support, document services, floor operations support or other location services.
- May process space reservation requests (assign and confirm space, catering and equipment) and ensure optimal workspace occupancy.
- May greet/direct employees and visitors, issue visitor access cards, answer general inquires, assist in resolving issues/concerns or direct them to the appropriate resource.
- May process space reservation requests (assign and confirm space, catering & equipment) and ensure optimal workspace occupancy.
- May set up, maintain and/or provide support for workspace/meeting rooms including catering and audio/visual equipment.
- May provide audio-visual support/troubleshooting prior to and during meetings and events as needed.
- May stock and maintain appearance of general use areas (e.g., reception area, copy room, coffee/vending area, etc.).
- May provide basic technical support for standard office equipment (e.g., copiers and printers).
- May provide support related to on-site catering.
- May handle or coordinate process large-scale duplicating projects including copying, collating, assembly, and binding.
- May act as a point of contact for external providers (e.g., cleaning contractors).
- May contribute to the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- May perform administrative duties according to location guidelines.
- May carry out instructions for security, fire, health, and safety and maintain records.
- GED or Highschool Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of Executive Assistant, Customer Service or Hospitality experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (word/excel/PowerPoint)
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Judgement and decision-making skills
- Ability to take ownership and make decisions independent of customer involvement (proactive)
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Highly responsive, flexible and adaptable
- Proactive thinker/action taker
- Passionate about customer service
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to work with highly confidential material and maintain confidentiality
- Comfortable with technology and social media (advanced skills a plus)
- Seeks out challenges and opportunities to grow
- Business partner attitude and approach
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.