Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: US Negotiable
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. Finance professionals may also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
Job Description: The North America West Market Unit Lead (W MU Lead) will be responsible for delivering tax services to Ventures & Acquisitions and Client Engagements for the Market Unit.
This includes, but is not limited to: evaluating and efficiently structuring Client Engagements, Ventures & Acquisitions, addressing the impact of taxes across the entire deal lifecycle. The W MU Lead will manage deals and work directly with client leadership teams and senior leadership in corporate functions (Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure tax objectives related to Accenture's corporate transactions are achieved.
- Direct all phases of tax deal review, planning and coordination.
- Assist Accenture in reaching its goals through identification and mitigation of tax risk and strategic tax planning, including operations and integration.
- Work collaboratively with other Tax SMEs, Accenture project leadership teams and outside advisors to execute tax planning efforts and initiatives.
- Build relationships with senior leadership on deals and advise on all tax related matters associated to the deal.
- Work collaboratively with other Accenture teams such as Corporate Development and Transaction Services, Finance, Legal, HR, Treasury and Internal Procurement.
- Work with Area Tax experts and outside advisors to research the implications of tax laws and changes to tax regulations and advise Accenture on tax related issues.
- Remain up to date on current tax laws and practices and communicate any changes that may impact a deal to Accenture project leadership teams.
- Assess risk levels of major deals and planning work/resources appropriately
- Meet with client deal teams and client/vendor tax department personnel as appropriate to gather requisite information and negotiate tax aspects of major deals
- Review all applicable information (covering entity, individual/employment, and transaction taxes and immigration issues)
- Coordinate with Area Tax experts outside the US for input from a local tax perspective, submit appropriate tax ruling requests and discuss with tax authorities when required
- Draft and negotiate contract/legal document terms
- Discuss with internal and external stakeholders recommended approach and risk mitigation/tax planning strategies to maximize Accenture profit/return on investment
- Communicate and present tax findings, potential impact of such findings on structure and other related tax issues with senior leadership and project teams
- Prepare appropriate tax documentation
- Review and validate compliance with internal Accenture tax policies and procedures.
- Manage global tax tools and technology
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our outside counsel and accounting firms assisting on V&A deals
- Analyze financial models to determine the impact of tax planning ideas on income taxes payable
- Ensure efficient tax cash flow management; maintain relationship with the Service Center and Treasury to manage funding and closing cash flow
- Manage strategic tax projects, including projects with other parts of the Tax group as necessary
- Minimum of 8 years of federal tax technical and accounting experience in a professional services firm and/or large multinational corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree - Accounting or Law Degree preferred
- Significant US M&A and Client Contracting tax experience in a multinational company or professional services firm environment.
- Experience ideally will include successful design and implementation of complex engagements and M&A deals with a working knowledge of transaction tax
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), advanced Excel skills preferred
- Outstanding teaming and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter with the ability and confidence to work well in an unstructured, dynamic environment and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks to completion
- Has led a team
- Ability to gather, assimilate, analyze and summarize information on Accenture transactions from multiple sources. Specifically, read, analyze, and interpret tax and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Customer focused with ability to quickly respond to inquiries.
- Effectively present/communicate tax technical topics to client engagement and finance teams.
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CA - San Francisco,IL - Chicago,NY - New York