Title: North America People Communications Lead
Organization: Corporate Function/Marketing + Communications
Level: 5 - Associate Director
- North America People Experience & Culture M+C Lead
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Overview of North America (NA) Marketing + Communications
The North America Marketing + Communications team shapes and activates marketing and communications strategies across the marketing lifecycle that fuel growth for Accenture's $20B+ North American market (United States and Canada). Its cross-functional team drives category brand positioning in the North American market, curates end-to-end client experiences to drive the local growth agenda, empowers and positions Accenture's leaders, and engages and inspires the company's North American people, recruits and alumni. It positions Accenture in the heart of local innovation, business and technology communities and champions programs for equality, inclusion and diversity within Accenture North America and the communities it serves.
YOUR ROLE: North America People Comms Lead
The North America People Communications Lead is responsible for developing and delivering innovative, and groundbreaking internal and executive communications strategies to educate and energize Accenture's North America 60K people on strategic business priorities.
As a trusted advisor to our CMO of North America and our People Experience & Culture M+C Lead, the People Communications Lead will collaborate with business partners and stakeholders across the company to create authentic, empathetic and strategic communications to help motivate behavior change, address complex business issues and engage our people.
This leader will drive communications for Accenture's highest priority programs - this is both a highly strategic and hands-on role. They will be responsible for developing and leading a team ensuring an environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, creativity and exploration of new platforms and ways to communicate.
- Develop and manage strategic people communication programs that directly advance the business, shape the culture and inspire our people.
- Lead North America's communications response to COVID-19.
- Orchestrate crisis communications, covering natural disasters, acts of terror, hate crimes and sensitive employee issues.
- Develop and orchestrate communications strategies to drive a common culture for our North American workforce of diverse people and talent linked by a focus on innovation, collaboration, and achieving their career goals.
- Change communications lead during major transitions to new growth models and leadership transitions.
- Management of strategic communication programs and activities spanning communications strategy, development, execution and measurement.
- Ensuring all communications are aligned with the Accenture brand, purpose, core values and beliefs.
- Implementation of an integrated employee communication planning process to improve the employee experience and identify innovations and efficiencies across communications teams.
- Act as trusted communications advisor for North America leaders in all things People Communications, including providing executive communications support-message development, speech writing, coordinating core messaging across leadership team, etc.
- Availability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Work experience in leading an integrated internal communications strategy which includes employee engagement issues management and crisis communications and initiatives, including change management / culture transformation communications.
- Deep experience in integrated internal communications strategy development and execution. Includes in-depth knowledge of global digital platforms (web, mobile, social), face-to-face channels, content strategy, publishing and management.
- Strong strategic, analytical thinking skills, with demonstrated excellence in creating and articulating client value propositions that can drive shareholder value.
- Exceptional project management skills, with a proven ability to move forward communications initiatives in a global, matrixed environment.
- A creative, state-of-the-art communications professional who understands emerging technologies and media and has a passion for exploring new methods.
- An authentic leader with highly effective team management and coaching skills. Has a strong focus on accountability and providing continuous, constructive feedback.
- Exceptional writing, editing, presentation, and oral communications skills. An eye for detail.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CA - San Francisco,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NY - New York,TX - Austin,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,VA - Arlington