Accenture - Cities and Infrastructure
Public infrastructure is foundational to major urban centers and communities. Yet the delivery of those projects has barely changed in half a century, creating budget leakage and operational inefficiencies, making it difficult to meet rising citizen expectations. This is driving the pivot to digital, to better manage complex portfolios and improve asset management for both new and ageing infrastructure. With new mobility solutions and 5G on the horizon, new infrastructural futures are being reimagined.
As a Manager in the Cities and Infrastructure business you will be exposed to the technologies and processes that many leading US companies and government agencies utilize. We offer a generous compensation package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits.
For more information Accenture's Transforming Cities and Infrastructure practice.
Transforming Cities & Infrastructure | Accenture
Managing Consultant Manager:
At Accenture we are looking for a Manager to play a strategic role in managing, developing, and building high performance teams to design and implement business changes that drive industry-specific, function and digital operating model transformation, focusing on task relating to people and process design.
The Manager will also be accountable for generating pipeline, sales, and business development efficiency results that meet or exceed assigned targets. Responsible for identifying and engaging on strategic opportunities, developing new clients, and driving new capabilities into their target accounts. Expected to continuously learn and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Accenture's offerings and services, financial drivers and constraints, and develop and maintain both industry and customer relationships that benefit the overall Cities and Infrastructure practice.
Typically, we work at client sites. Travel Update: Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be our top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
- Drive client value creation
- Understand the client's business, priorities and leadership agenda
- Co-create with the client, articulate transformation and drive innovation agenda for the client
- Align the right teams or capabilities to enable (sell and deliver) successful transformation/innovation agenda
- Build long-standing, trust-based relationships
- Establish self as a trusted advisor with the client C-suite through an in-depth understanding of the client as well as industry
- Build networks at Accenture to be able to bring the best of Accenture to the client
- Grow the business/account
- Drive sales, revenue and profitability, and responsible for account financials/key commercial processes (MMS/MMP, MME, MMB) for the account
- Help originate deals based on defined commercial pathways; drive innovative deal construct and solutioning to grow business
- Delivery ownership and excellence
- Mentoring of staff
Read more of the job description
- 5 years in a business development role selling consulting services
- 5 years' experience leading a team of clients, consultants and vendors
- 5 years Project Delivery experience
- 5 years developing RFP and proposals for services
- Understanding of the Cities and Infrastructure business in the West Coast Region of the US.
- 4-year degree or above with a degree in science or a degree in business or MIS.
- Established contacts in the Transit and Tolling Industries
- Enterprise project management experience
- Understands our domain - Public Transportation
Professional Skill Requirement
- Rich experience in the Cities and Infrastructure industry with in-depth industry expertise including the industry/digital/technology trends
- Demonstrate sustained client relations management experience at a C-suite level or operated at a senior management level in the industry role
- Experience in consulting and account management experience; domestic consulting experience preferred
- Experience of working in a consulting firm will be preferred
- Experience of working with C-level executives at the client organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior consulting skills
- Expert negotiation skills
- Expert leadership skills
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.