Accenture Technology, the people who deliver the services and solutions that power our clients' businesses. We are technology rainmakers, movers and shakers. Every day, we imagine the impossible and enjoy the thrill of making it happen. We bring considerable technical, functional, and product expertise to deliver application and systems modernization solutions to our clients. As one of the largest and most acclaimed teams of specialized software engineers, architects and developers, we solve intractable business problems in creative, unexpected and pragmatic ways. Visit us here to find out more about Accenture Technology.
An Application Modernization extraordinaire with skills to modernize application code written in legacy languages (e.g., COBOL, PL/1) to ferry our client's vision into the future. Your superpower Helping clients solve problems, improve operations, and update their applications more easily, quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively. You are a leader that can inspire teams as they help our clients modernize prioritized functionality in their systems.
- Lead teams in Application Modernization efforts serving clients including strategic assessment of the client's existing mainframe ecosystem, migrating applications to the cloud, language migration and rearchitecting.
- Provide technical insight and oversight for teams performing static code discovery, rehosting assessment, language migration and migration to cloud; collaborate with leads across a team of engineers and products developers to plan and execute work
- Assist with engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from middle management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Manage day-to-day interactions with clients and sponsors
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies to further support the Application Modernization offering; develop or contribute to thoughtware and point-of-view documents
- Manage and contribute to proposal work as we compete for new business
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Read more of the job description
Here's What you Need
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in delivering mainframe technology transformation projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing project plans and budgets for successful information technology projects and documenting and presenting recommendations to clients and/or stakeholders
- Minimum of 5 years of experience architecting and developing cloud application solutions (strategy, design, application migration planning and implementation)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in consultative-based selling of technology transformation projects and leading one or more of the following areas of a Cloud transformation journey: strategy, design, application migration planning and implementation.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience consulting
Bonus Point If
- At least 3 years of experience leading one or more of the following areas of a Cloud transformation journey: strategy, design, application migration planning and implementation.
- At least 3 years of experience in consultative-based selling of technology transformation projects
- At least 4 years of experience in consulting
All our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person atAccenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and ourcommunities.Read more here
As required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $99,900 - $168,499 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CA - San Francisco,FL - Miami,FL - St. Petersburg,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NC - Charlotte,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,OH - Cincinnati,OH - Columbus,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Houston,TX - Irving,VA - Arlington