Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services-all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Are you a passionate engineer that has architected and delivered IoT Edge solutions in a fast-paced agile environment
We offer the best in people, process and technology to help clients jumpstart their digital and cloud journey to turn ideas into products as part of Accenture's Industry X within Accenture Technology that combines emerging, connected and smart technologies to digitally transform our industry.
We harness emerging technologies to develop offerings around: IoT & Connected Devices, 5G, AI/ML, AR/VR, Robotics, and more. Our work environment appeals to self-motivated team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity.
We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies in our teams or lone thinkers.
Accenture is also committed to developing your skills and providingsupport to shape and grow your career. Our employees agree, as we have been consistently recognized on Fortune's100 Best Companies to Work Forlist for 10 consecutive years.
A well-rounded senior developer who is curious, innovative, can quickly pivot and utilize concepts from unfamiliar areas of research, new technologies, leading edge innovations to further improve solutions in our clients' industries. Explore and define new innovative solutions, implement and execute projects in a rapid prototyping methodology and in agile project driven deliveries for major Fortune 500 companies.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and Advisor in domain areas with ability to architect and design a full IoT cloud solution from the devices/sensors to IoT cloud/Edge, all cloud services, control towers and visualization
- Participate in projects as a representative of your organization within the IoT space
- Discuss IoT challenges, issues and/or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor to one or more ongoing projects relating to IoT from a functional, and technical aspects. Supervise and mentor more junior developers and build relationships internally and externally with clients
- Contribute to IoT technology assets/offerings, Knowledge exchange, and thought leadership
- Demonstrate expertise internally and conduct presentations for internal and external audiences, and participates in community of practice
- Help establish engineering standards plus best practices in the IoT team, and for the organization as a whole as applicable.
- Build prototypes - bringing concepts to initial implementations - including design, coding to testing, and present internally and to clients while reshaping prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients' deployment needs.
- Continuously learn new technologies that are mission-aligned to IoT, organization and to the innovation hub
Read more of the job description
- 5+ years of experience delivering products in IoT cloud services and other major cloud services on AWS and/or Azure all the way from an already existing or new hardware/sensor to IoT edge, IoT cloud, cloud application services
- 5+ years of experience using Python, and 2 or more programming languages, such as Java, Node.js, C++, Angular etc.
- 5 years Hands-on experience with AWS or Azure cloud Services and tools (i.e. DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, CLI, Cognito, IAM, Elastic Compute, Quicksight, containers, Storage Solutions and Cloudformation - Azure CosmosDB, stream analytics, PowerBI, Functions, etc, - AWS/Azure cloud certifications is highly preferable
- Experience with embedded OS , SDKs, MQTT, and services for IoT devices and IoT edge devices (i.e. FreeRTOS, Azure RTOS, Greengrass, etc)
- Hands-on experience with using low code or no-code platforms (i.e., NodeRed, Losant...etc.)
- Although this position is not required to build hardware, expectations that experience with Arduino, Raspberry Pi , and/or other off-the-shelf sensors/hardware/electronics is expected
- One year or more experience in AWS Sagemaker/Azure machine learning is highly preferrable
- Experience and familiarity with communication protocols such as RFID, UWB, BLE, NB-IoT, LTE-M, LPWA, LORA, Zigbee, Zwave, etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps using tools such as GIT and project tools such as JIRA
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science with minimum 3 years' experience in IoT. If Associate's degree, must have minimum 6 years' work experience in IoT.
Bonus Skills and qualifications:
- Master's Degree in computer science
- User experience/UI using Angular or similar
- 5G in context of IoT
- Artificial intelligence and Machine learning
- Security - Zero trust architecture, Azure Sphere or similar
- Enterprise edge and 5G edge solutions
- Robotics in the context of IoT
- Blockchain on context of IoT security and IoT applications
- Experience with one or two data ingestion and pub/sub architecture (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Experience ThingsWorx and/or Google IoT & cloud
- Industry experience at an IoT company
- General Network experience
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
As required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $113,000 - $228,099 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CA - Los Angeles,CA - Sacramento,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,CA - San Jose,WA - Seattle