Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology, and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
The Insurance Medical Underwriting Associate manages the day-to-day performance to ensure operational effectiveness through efficiency and quality monitoring, supporting a Group Insurance Services client. Support internal review of documentation. Communicates to internal and external stakeholders on issues/concerns with insurability issues. May support client resolution team in solving daily client issues and fulfilling client requests. May interact with billing, claims, and other functional areas to correct routine problems, maintain updated records and case files. Shares best practices to continually improve MUW service. Able to support the issue resolution process and ensures complaints are handled effectively.
Will also liaise with other teams or SMEs as required to resolve requests/issues in a timely manner. Ensure proper documentation, notification, escalation, tracking, and follow-up of all incidents.
- Supports the process of incoming inputs for medical underwriting processing.
- Responsible for administrative tasks like workflow assignment, review of Evidence of Insurability documentation.
- Able to manage issue resolution surrounding incomplete files received.
- Can support special internal functional projects and ad-hoc requests as required.
- Able to work cohesively with Subject Matter experts to support the medical underwriting intake day-to-day tasks, able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex issues/problems.
- Able to communicate risks & issues to supervisor and help with the resolution, as needed
- May performs incident notification and escalation to ensure problems/requests/issues are communicated effectively and receive proper management attention
- Expected to adhere to client Service Level Agreements and department's/product's key performance requirements and any reporting
- Able to utilize strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities while working under tight time constraints, possess the ability to work through ambiguity, and work effectively with various vendors with strong interpersonal skills
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to enhance/streamline business processes.
- 1-year experience in data entry
- 1-year experience with Microsoft Tools including Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with life or disability insurance administration
- Prior experience with medical underwriting
- BPS experience
- Client delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.