Google Cloud Engineer
- Chicago, IL
Who We Are
Aleading partner to the world's major cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google. The formation of Accenture Cloud First, with a $3 billion investment over three years, demonstrates our commitment to deliver greater value to ourclients when they need it most and offers huge growth opportunities for you!
Our Cloud First group of more than 70,000 cloud professionals delivers a full stack of integrated cloud capabilities across data, edge, integrated infrastructure and applications, deep ecosystemskills, culture of change along with a deep industry expertise to shape, move, build and operate our clients' businesses in the cloud. To accelerateour customers transformation leveraging cloud, we combine world-class learning and talentdevelopment expertise; deep experience in cloud change management; and cloud-ready operating models with a commitment to responsible business by design - with security, data privacy, responsible use of artificial intelligence,sustainability and ethics and compliance built into the fundamental changes Accenture helps companies achieve.
We are excited about the opportunities in the Cloud - and hope you are too! Learn more about
why Accenture's Google Cloud Business Group was named the 2019 Apigee Global SI Partner of the Year
What's In It For You
You will always be learning in this role through:
On the job learning: opportunity to be immersed in the design and implementation of human-centric solutions to help solve client's largest and most complex challenges, powered by the latest Google technologies and industry's best practices such event-driven architectures and domain driven design. Collaborate on internal assets and contribute to open source community projects.
Being part of Accenture Google Business Group's close-knit, vibrant community; client teams pushing the boundaries of new business capabilities and emerging Google technologies sharing their experiences and lessons learned with each other. Opportunity to learn and work with Accenture's certified Google Fellows and certified Google Cloud practitioners.
- Design, build, and lead the development of cloud native applications using the Google Cloud Platform services, event streaming technologies, and various open source frameworks.
- Design/lead application development and broader systems while supporting DevOps, i.e. management of the process of building software.
- Work within an agile team that includes members with cross-functional skills.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- More experienced members will be involved in the solutioning and creation of technology blueprints and overall application and broader system architecture.
- For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Who Do We Need
- Minimum of 3 years of cloud native application design and development experience in a cloud environment using APIs, containers, Kubernetes, service mesh (Istio) preferably on Google Cloud Platform.
- One active Google Certification required prior to start date, Google Cloud Developer preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
You will always be learning in this role through:
- On the job learning: opportunity to be immersed in the design and implementation of human-centric solutions to help solve client's largest and most complex challenges, powered by the latest Google technologies and industry's best practices such event-driven architectures and domain driven design. Collaborate on internal assets and contribute to open source community projects.
- Being part of Accenture Google Business Group's tightknit, vibrant community; client teams pushing the boundaries of new business capabilities and emerging Google technologies sharing their experiences and lessons learned with each other. Opportunity to learn and work with Accenture's certified Google Fellows and certified Google Cloud practitioners.
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person atAccenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and ourcommunities.Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity andexpression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of theAccenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hiredby Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made tofacilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us anemailor speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay ofanother employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannotdisclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint orcharge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnishinformation.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the State of Colorado.
Back to top