Organization: Corporate Functions/ Business Operations
Location: US Negotiable
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Workplace Management and Solutions professionals provide space and service support solutions for all Accenture people and businesses globally, running Accenture's workplace as a robust business function leveraging Accenture's business and technology strategies.
Support on all aspects of Accenture's Occupational Health Safety Strategy, including liaising with local workplace leads and supporting the creation of safety programs where necessary, at the corporate and project level. Responsible for assisting in the coordination of safety administrative activities, maintain third-party auditing accounts and client safety compliance.
- Assists in the development Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Assists in the development of OHS business processes
- Provides support and advice regarding health and safety considerations
- Provides advice to staff regarding protective clothing
- Provides advice on measures to improve the safety of the workplace environment
- Trains staff to ensure they are competent regarding health and safety issues
- Ensure the Company responds effectively to emergency situations
- Carries out incident investigations, recording, and reporting all incidents to identify causes and provide recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
- Maintains client/project HSE metrics and regular reports.
- Assists in maintaining HSE compliance with client requirements and federal, state and local regulations.
- Responsibilities may include distributing educational materials and participation in training programs about employee safety policies, procedures and/or accident protection and prevention.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 7 years in a similar function, in an HSE / OHS Department.
- Associate degree or higher in safety related discipline preferred.
- Accredited HSE certification preferred (OHST, CHST, ASP, CSP).
- Knowledge of and passion for wider Accenture's Workplace programs, tasks and processes
- Understanding and experience with multi-national safety considerations
- Excellent project management and task prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience performing stakeholder management and relationship building, particularly across virtual, cross cultural contact networks
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Strong Excel modelling skills
- Ability to work flexible hours across several time zones (Globally)
- Strong knowledge of Accenture's Workplace responsibilities and tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and drive own work area, as well as be a team player
- Must have extensive experience managing third-party accounts like ISNetworld and Avetta and have experience in supporting project pre-access activities.
- Experience overseeing and managing others' workstreams
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.