Organization: Corporate Function/Legal
Location: US Negotiable
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
As Global Legal Lead for Strategic Partnering, you will lead, guide, and develop a team of legal professionals which will:
- Provide responsive and strategic subject matter guidance to business and legal teams in support of Accenture's key Alliance and Ecosystem relationships, including formation, contracting, go-to-market matters and risk management
- Drive consistent strategies for asset and platform/solution development in connection with our strategic partners
- Counsel business and legal teams on our offerings and solutions with partners; deal structures (e.g. SaaS, bundled solutions, white label, prime/sub); intellectual property, licenses and access/use rights; policy and legal compliance; and other support relating to the firm's partners and go-to-market endeavors
- Lead the drafting and negotiation of various agreements, including master alliance, teaming, subcontracts, software licenses, access/use agreements, joint development, and other legal documents
- JD and admission in good standing with applicable bar association(s) (or their local equivalents)
- Minimum 10 years' relevant legal experience in a corporate or law firm setting
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience negotiating, various software licenses and access/use agreements
- Experience with emerging technologies and offerings (e.g. cloud, security, AI) and related contracts and contract structures (e.g. SaaS) is preferred
- Broad transactional experience (preferably in tech industry)
- Experience with alliances or other strategic partnerships is beneficial
- Sound understanding of, and ability to draft and negotiate provisions relating to, intellectual property
- Commitment to a creative, inclusive, and diverse workplace
- Ability to build a sense of belonging in a team and establish a sense of common purpose inside the larger Accenture Legal department
- Focus on analysis of the business, guidance to the right business and legal teams, industrialization of more mature processes, and active enablement of our offshore legal teams to handle the mature work
- Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout the Accenture global organization
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.