Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can We'll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
A SOC Analyst looking to support the SOC in providing incident response and handling 24x7 shift work.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Monitoring dashboards and intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
- Performing initial analysis and investigation into alerts as they are seen (to include anti-virus and phishing alerts
- Performing initial malware analysis utilizing automated means
- Supporting cyber defense functions to protect our clients from cyber security incidents that have potential to cause negative impact
- Incident intake, ticket updates and reporting of cyber events
- Use SOC monitoring devices (SIEM, IDS, DLP) to review and analyze pre-defined events indicative of incidents
- Understanding, identifying and researching IOCs
- Uploading packets and evaluating source/destination activity and payloads
- Assisting in recommendations for content to detect incidents, including IOCs for blocking and detection
Read more of the job description
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree OR 1+ years of any IT Work Experience
- Security+ Certification and OR 6+ months of Cyber or Help Desk IT Work Experience in a professional environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience monitoring Antivirus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls, Active Directory, Web Proxies, Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in large enterprise network environments
- Experience working with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with various network and host based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages. Host based forensics and malware analysis experience.
- Previous experience working in a large government or corporate enterprise environment.
- Experience on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- RSA Security Analytics / NetWitness
- Splunk, including Splunk for Enterprise Security
- RSA Archer
- McAfee ePO, HIPS
- FireEye NX, EX, HX
- EnCase Enterprise
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.