Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Orlando, FL
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can We'll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The Application Developer designs, builds, and configures applications to meet business process and application requirements.
- Apply application design and development principles across multiple technology areas and configures software products and systems.
- Collaborate with others to determine the optimal way to design and develop software changes, perform peer reviews of code, develop moderately complex software components of solution, and perform component testing.
- Responsible for activities such as program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Responsible for all phases of applications systems analysis and programming, understands the business or function for which application is designed.
- Write programs according to specifications, which may be provided by engineers, technical architects, or other computer scientists; updates, repairs, modifies and expands existing computer programs.
Here's what you need:
- Strong knowledge in software development patterns and concepts
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Java development
- Minimum 2 years of experience with using Java development tools (e.g. Eclipse, JUnit, Git).
- Knowledge of and ability to work within Agile methods.
- Experience with J2EE or other Java frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Experience in a large scale Federal IT Programs
- Experience with modeling and simulation systems
- Experience with CI/CD
- US Citizenship required
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.