Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX or St Louis, MO
AccentureFederal Services,bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Operating in the nation's Capital, we stay ahead of what's coming next. Drawing from the power of Accenture, we deliver integrated, mobile and interactive experiences that exceed our people's expectations. Join us where ideas are freely exchanged, and concepts evolve into practical solutions.
Responsible for building end-to -ETL processes for a variety of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources using a range of tools including some ETL tools (Mulesoft) and open source programming (python) to ingest into a Cloudera/Impala Data Lake environment. The successful candidate will have a strong background in SQL, python, Linux, ETL best practices, strong attention to detail, and a can do attitude.
- Design, Develop, and unit test new or existing ETL/Data Integration solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design and Develop data integration/engineering workflows on big data technologies and platforms (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, HBase)
- Strong Python development for data transfers and extractions (ELT or ETL)
- Develop workflows in the cloud environment using Cloud base architecture (Azure or AWS)
- Develop dataflows and processes for the Data Warehouse using SQL (Oracle, Postgres, HIVEQL, SparkSQL & Dataframes)
- Participate in Code reviews. Assist in QA efforts on tasks by providing input for test cases and supporting test case execution.
- Analyze transaction errors, troubleshoot issues in the software, develop bug-fixes, involved in performance tuning efforts.
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolving data integration issues such as data quality.
- Attend Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning & Retrospective meetings
- Deliver increased productivity and effectiveness through rapid delivery of high-quality applications.
- Provide work estimates and communicate status of assignments.
- Daily production support for Enterprise Data Warehouse including ETL/ELT jobs
Read more of the job description
Here's what you need:
- 2 plus years of technical experience to include working with Data Analytics tools to pull data from different sources (i.e.: ETL tools, ETL programming)
- Proficient SQL skills, and Python
One more thing, US Citizenship is required, and no Dual
Bonus points if:
- Comfortable working in Linux and distributed environment
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Hadoop (Cloudera/Impala), Hive
- Agile Scrum or Kanban experience or Training
- Experience with Cloud base architecture (example: Bluemix, Google Cloud or AWS development).
- Experience using Apache Spark, Nifi and/or Kafka.
- Experience using Python and Spark/Python/SQL and common data science tools & libraries (e.g. NumPy, Pandas,etc.)
- Proficiency in other programming languages (Java, etc.)
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
MO - St. Louis,TX - San Antonio
Federal - ETL Developer Engineer Analyst
Organization: Accenture Federal Services