Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, helping our federal clients tackle their toughest challenges while unleashing their fullest potential...and then some. What makes our approach so unique? Operating from the nation's capital, we bring together commercial innovation and leading-edge technologies to deliver an integrated and interactive experience that far exceeds expectations. How? Our passion meets purpose! Through our diverse culture and inclusive thinking, we embrace our employees' ideas taking them from concept to practical solutions. Not to mention, we sleep well at night knowing our work directly impacts and improves the way the world works. We keep our tech smarts sharp by providing abundant training and certification opportunities. Are you ready to learn and grow in a career, while making a difference?
The Defense Health Consulting Principal is a senior level role, sitting at the Senior Manager level and just below Managing Director. In this role you will be the tip of the spear, responsible for growing Accenture's business at our Military Health clients. You will provide leadership and direction for growth, strategy, sales, and relationship development through partnering with the account team leadership. You will actively lead and participate in new business development with the goal of expanding the healthcare practice specific to Military Health.
- Become a trusted advisor to senior level clients through meaningful client conversations, employing creative problem solving, and leading high-impact efforts for clients across a growing account
- Build and transition client relationships and knowledge to the account team
- Use your Management Consulting skill set to support multiple growth across Military Health with client conversations, capture efforts, proposals, and project delivery
- Perform rigorous analysis to identify potential innovative and value creating opportunities for our clients, shaping those opportunities while working collaboratively with AFS colleagues and senior level clients
- Leverage your expertise on an ongoing basis to develop strategy ; understand what is trending in Healthcare IT and Operational Medicine and be able to speak to it with knowledge and confidence with your clients and team
- Develop people, attract talent, and be entrepreneurial through the creation of learning and client project opportunities for the Health practice and MHS account, creating reusable assets, participating in recruitment (internally and externally) and building the Healthcare Practice across the AFS community
Here Is What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in strategy development and execution
- Experience in client relationship development especially at the senior level in Federal Government
- Experience with project or program management
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience supporting a federal healthcare agency
- Knowledge or experience of Federal Military Health
- Knowledge or experience of Commercial Health or Civilian Health
- Advanced degree
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience leading change as well as change management skills
- Experience writing and responding to proposals
- Ability to execute capture activities based on a pipeline of opportunities
- US Citizenship Required
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.